GUIDO RICCARDI | CANDIANI
Guido Riccardi was born in 1886 (his parents were Adolfo and Adele Candiani).
With the end of the Bongiovanni di Castelborgo family, the estate passed on to the family of Camillo’s wife, the Candiani. This was however a different Camillo Candiani–not the famous maternal uncle, who in the meantime had died without heirs; the estate passed to the son of his sister Adele, Guido Riccardi, who inherited the Candiani title and became Guido Riccardi-Candiani.
In 1915, Guido Riccardi married Anna Miglioretti of San Sebastiano and of Bourcet, a celebrated family of ancient origins. The coat of arms painted on the ceiling of the entrance to the Castello di Neive recalls these origins and includes the emblems of both the Miglioretti of San Sebastiano and the Novarina of San Sebastiano.
Guido Riccardi, a lover of art and rare books is also remembered for his efficient, forward-looking management of his various estates in Neive (Castelborgo), Olivola (Candiani) and San Sebastiano da Po (Miglioretti of San Sebastiano).
He put land aside to build a chapel in Neive. The Turinese sculptor Carlo Biscarra was put in charge, and he took inspiration from the Gothic style of the Duomo di Chivasso; the painting of the interior was entrusted to Cesare Ferro, whose luminous paintings and floral and geometric decorations reflect his lengthy experience in the far east.
Count Guido Riccardo-Candiani was also interested in the problems of viticulture and was one of the founders of the Consortium for Viticulture for Cuneo province and the Consortium for the Protection of Barolo and Barbaresco.
Count Riccardi’s horse-drawn carriage, with its ‘license’ from 1947, is still in the Castello. Count Guido Riccardi-Candiani, an esteemed and cultivated man, was the last noble owner of the Castello di Neive.
In 1963, Giacomo Stupino, together with his brothers, bought the Castello and part of the estate.
The aristocratic ownership of the Castello di Neive came to an end and the Stupino family became its owners. Giacomo's children, Anna, Giulio, Italo and Piera, along with their children and grandchildren, continue stewardship of the Castello today.